Industry Focus: Automotive and Manufacturing
Our clients report they face the following challenges:
- Lower than needed OEE as a result of poor asset availability
- Higher than planned inventory levels needed to meet customer deliveries resulting from unreliable equipment performance
- Shorter lead times to satisfy customer demand changes that require asset reliability
- Expedited delivery / charters to prevent customer interruptions resulting from unplanned equipment downtime
- Higher than planned unit cost due to unnecessary overtime, freight, etc. due to production equipment failures
- Reactive maintenance to rush fixing equipment versus planned maintenance to prevent failures
- Coping with workforce challenges caused by the reduced availability of skilled labor
Here’s how we can help you meet these challenges
- Align your Industry 4.0 strategy to your asset management strategy: Learn how our standard process of Assess, Define, and Deploy helps clients build a fit-for-purpose strategy.
- Through our Asset Management Framework we can help your organization effectively develop an Asset Management System that will optimize performance of your physical assets by reducing unplanned downtime.
- LCE’s Line Performance Optimization services will maximize your operational performance through the implementation of daily management systems that drive root cause analysis and continuous improvement processes to eliminate production deviations.
- LCE’s Preventive Maintenance Optimization services will maximize the life of your by optimizing preventive and predictive maintenance.
- We offer risk-based asset management services using a flexible approach to transition from a reactive to proactive maintenance system.
- The Life Cycle Institute offers a variety of courses and programs to help you develop the knowledge and skills of your most important asset – your people. In addition to our Reliability Engineering Certification Program, the Institute offers individual courses, in public settings or at client sites, including Maintenance Planning and Scheduling, Risk-based Asset Management, Reliability Engineering Excellence, Predictive Maintenance Strategy and Root Cause Analysis.
- Whitepaper: Introducing LCE’s Asset Management System Framework. Read now.
- Resource guide: Four Ways to Measure the Effectiveness of Your Root Cause Analysis Process. Download now.
- Article: Developing Asset Management Plans. Read now.
Why work with Life Cycle Engineering?
Since 1976 LCE has helped automotive and discrete manufacturing companies effectively manage their asset portfolios while also realizing cost savings from resource prioritization, reduced failure costs and decreased downtime. Our experience in your industry combined with our commitment to help you solve critical business problems can deliver the execution and results you are looking for. To learn more about how we can help you with your specific challenges, please email [email protected].