Industry Focus: Energy and Utilities
Our clients report they face the following challenges:
- Managing capital assets in an asset-intensive and safety-conscious industry
- Achieving regulatory compliance especially in conversion of large assets from coal to gas and other renewables
- Defending against new forms of competition as non-utility-based companies consider investing in renewable energy production
- Coping with workforce challenges caused by aging workforce and loss of important organizational knowledge
Here’s how we can help you meet these challenges
- Assess and benchmark your operation’s asset management capabilities and develop a strategic roadmap to improve capital planning and deployment and lower OM budgets.
- LCE’s Preventive Maintenance Optimization services will maximize the life of your equipment thus avoiding ineffective preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Our subject matter experts can help you develop risk-based asset management plans based on the criticality of each system to the value stream to asset utilization and extend useful life.
- We offer risk-based asset management services using a flexible approach to help you accomplish your goals of reducing OM expenses while upholding your organization’s strategic plan to become a 1st quartile performer.
- The Life Cycle Institute offers a variety of courses and programs to help you develop the knowledge and skills of your most important asset – your people. Our educational programs include our Reliability Engineering Certification Program and our Shutdown, Turnaround and Outage Competency Improvement Program . Individual courses, offered in public settings or at client sites, includeRisk-based Asset Management,Reliability Engineering Excellence,Predictive Maintenance Strategy and Root Cause Analysis.
- An Australian Power Plant Harnesses the Power of Reliability Excellence
- Power Plant Embraces Reliability to Improve Performance
- The Payoff – Alcoa Power Plant Reaps Rewards of Reliability
- Whitepaper: Introducing LCE’s Asset Management System Framework. Read now.
- Resource guide: Shutdown, Turnaround, Outage Self-Assessment Questionnaire. Download now.
- Resource guide: Four Ways to Measure the Effectiveness of Your Root Cause Analysis Process. Download now.
- Article: Developing Asset Management Plans. Read now.
Why work with Life Cycle Engineering?
For more than 35 years we have helped companies effectively manage their asset portfolios while also realizing cost savings from resource prioritization, reduced failure costs and decreased downtime. Our experience in energy and utilities, combined with our commitment to help you solve critical business problems, can deliver the execution and results you are looking for. To learn more about how we can help you with your specific challenges, please email info@LCE.com.