Industry Focus: Metals
Our clients report they face the following challenges:
- Managing capital assets to optimize OEE through increased asset availability
- Meeting the increased demand in aluminum with existing, aged assets
- Lean systems implementation to drive out waste require increased efficiency and productivity from both the workforce and the physical assets of the company
- Achieving regulatory compliance that meets worldwide standards in a global market
- Coping with workforce challenges caused by the aging workforce and reduced availability of skilled labor
- Managing change as they try to transform from reactive to proactive behaviors
Here’s how we can help you meet these challenges
- Align your Industry 4.0 strategy to your asset management strategy: Learn how our standard process of Assess, Define, and Deploy helps clients build a fit-for-purpose strategy.
- Atlas Online System for Establishing Reliability and Maintenance Best Practices: Atlas accelerates the establishment and adoption of standard reliability-centric processes.
- Through our Asset Management Framework we can help your organization effectively develop an Asset Management System that will optimize performance of your physical assets while maintaining a focus on your overall corporate objectives.
- Engineer business processes that will improve efficiency and effectiveness in:
- Work Management
- Materials Management
- Reliability Engineering
- LCE’s Preventive Maintenance Optimization services will maximize the life of your equipment thus avoiding ineffective preventive and predictive maintenance.
- We offer risk-based asset management services using a flexible approach to help you accomplish your goals while upholding your organization’s strategic plan.
- LCE’s Line Performance Optimization services will maximize your operational performance through the implementation of daily management systems that drive root cause analysis and continuous improvement processes to eliminate production deviations.
- The Life Cycle Institute offers a variety of courses and programs to help you develop the knowledge and skills of your most important asset – your people. In addition to our Reliability Engineering Certification Program, the Institute offers individual courses, in public settings or at client sites, including Maintenance Planning and Scheduling, Risk-based Asset Management, Reliability Engineering Excellence, Predictive Maintenance Strategy and Root Cause Analysis.
- All Fired Up: Alcoa Pursues Excellence in Reliability
- Aluminum Smelter Improves Asset Reliability and Reinvigorates Operations with Reliability Excellence
- Hot Stuff! Heating up Reliability at Alta Steel
- Implementing Reliability Excellence Yields Big Gains in OEE for a South Carolina Steel Company
- Metallurgical Coke Producer Addresses Challenges with Reliability Excellence
- Metals Company Engages the Life Cycle Institute to Design Training Program for Newly Created Position
- Seven Years of Sustained Reliability and Culture Change at Alcoa Warrick Smelter
- The Road to Reliability – Century Aluminum Makes a Break from its Reactive Past
- Accelerating Progress in a Manufacturing Plants Reliability Journey
- Whitepaper: Introducing LCE’s Asset Management System Framework. Read now.
- Resource guide: Four Ways to Measure the Effectiveness of Your Root Cause Analysis Process. Download now.
- Article: Developing Asset Management Plans. Read now.
Why work with Life Cycle Engineering?
For more than 40 years we have helped companies effectively manage their asset portfolios while also realizing cost savings from resource prioritization, reduced failure costs and decreased downtime. Our experience in the metals industry, combined with our commitment to help you solve critical business problems, can deliver the execution and results you are looking for. To learn more about how we can help you with your specific challenges, please email info@LCE.com.