Integration and Sustainment
LCE provides software integration, testing, and sustainment for a range of Department of Defense (DoD) customers. Our system administrators and integrators provide software updates, upgrades, patches, security controls, and bug fixes for COTS/GOTS products and customizations, web applications, and services. As part of our DevSecOps and continuous integration processes, our engineers optimize the use of automation to deploy code into virtual environments for the execution of security scans, regression tests, and performance tests, which ensures compliance with requirements and security controls.
Once systems are deployed to production, our professionals provide backup solutions, verify system security, and maintain system integrity allowing for reliable system uptime for our warfighters and veterans. In addition, LCE establishes and maintains secure, reliable network infrastructures across the federal landscape.
LCE’s integration and sustainment solutions and services include:
- Continuous Integration (CI) – Our CI processes utilize open source platforms to automatically build and deploy capabilities, assess code quality, and perform unit and integration tests on software. Our automated builds and testing verify each integration to detect issues and errors before they are fielded to production.
- System Administration –Our professionals monitor, patch, upgrade, and sustain applications on a range of Windows and Linux operating systems. Our system administrators hold strong industry certifications; our team includes Red Hat Architects, Red Hat Certified Engineers, and Microsoft Certified Professionals. In addition, LCE provides the only Red Hat Certified training center in South Carolina.
- COTS/GOTS Integration –Many of our customers require the integration and or customization of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) or Government (GOTS) Off-the-Shelf products. Our professionals are skilled in upgrading, patching, enhancing, and securing COTS/GOTS solutions to best fit the customer’s needs.
- Networking– LCE installs and configures switches, routers, and firewalls on networks across the federal landscape. We maintain network patches and updates as well as implement Defense-in-Depth best practices such as intrusion detection systems, antivirus, and web content filtering at the network level.
- DevSecOps– Our engineers touch each phase of the SDLC, so we understand the importance of clear, constant communication and collaboration throughout the entire process. To minimize re-work and configuration issues, we implement common tools, environments, and frameworks across the development life cycle from development to operations. This includes early integration of security requirements and the implementation of continuous delivery and integration platforms which incorporate common automated test tools and deployment techniques for development, integration, test, and production environments