Process Performance Optimization®
LCE’s Process Performance Optimization (PPO) model fully integrates key Reliability Excellence concepts with selected lean tools supported by a well-defined change management process that ensures sustainability.
Solve Your Chronic Reliabilty Issues
The PPO model is designed as a comprehensive approach for solving chronic and persistent reliability issues with a specific process. Common reliability issues include production losses due to unplanned downtime, ineffective maintenance practices, lack of standardized processes, quality-related issues, and loss time due to material flow design.
Clients using this targeted approach have increased OEE by an average of five percentage points (for example, from 70% to 75%). Depending on your specific cost / volume / profit equation the improvement to the bottom line will quickly result in a positive ROI.
Implementation of the PPO model typically lasts from six to 12 weeks and can include the following actions and deliverables:
- We guide you through a value stream mapping exercise that focuses the problem solving while identifying key loss elimination opportunities. Typical focus areas include utility consumption, PDM effectiveness and thermodynamic efficiencies.
- To diagnose inherent failure modes we perform FMEAs on critical pieces of equipment identified through the value stream mapping exercise. We work with your team to develop strategies to eliminate root cause and create Equipment Maintenance Plans to ensure sustainability.
- We work with your team to create best practice processes for start up, shut down and change over. Those processes are then standardized to eliminate variability.
- We add Lean / visual factory elements to the solution. Visual management boards are implemented on the plant floor. Production results are tracked and compared to goals. Critical downtime causes are summarized using Pareto analysis. The work force is engaged in the problem-solving process for identifying corrective actions for addressing root cause.
- We integrate change management throughout the process to fully engage the workforce and gain their active sponsorship and support for the changes in work processes, procedures and practices that are always a part of the solution. This change management component is essential to long-term, sustainable results.
Contact us today at [email protected] to speak with one of our experts about solving a persistent reliability issue.