SAP EAM Optimization for Reliability and Maintenance
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) can help you implement or optimize your SAP EAM system. Your system will become a strategic tool that helps you derive valuable information for managing your assets. You will better leverage your investment in SAP through the implementation of best practice work processes, standardized roles and responsibilities, configuration, reports, and KPIs.
SAP EAM Optimization for Reliability and Maintenance is a holistic approach that addresses processes, roles and responsibilities, business requirements, and SAP skills. The approach consists of three offerings:
- SAP EAM Diagnostic
- SAP EAM and MM Implementation or Optimization
- SAP Coaching
SAP EAM Diagnostic
The first step in understanding your organization’s current state, the review consists of these elements:
- Review SAP EAM configuration and system usage from this perspective: “How does the implementation deliver value to our organization?”
- Review current work processes (formal and implicit) and how they are supported/followed in SAP
- Document gaps between current work processes and best practices
- Prepare an action plan to address gaps
SAP EAM and MM Implementation or Optimization
LCE will partner with you to implement or optimize SAP EAM. LCE subject matter experts (SMEs) can help you develop work processes in the areas of SAP EAM and associated module integration points. This can include:
- Process definition, based on LCE-defined maintenance and reliability best practices
- Identifying SAP requirements to execute processes
- KPI identification and definition
- Identifying where the SAP process feeds your KPIs
- SAP training
- Aligning SAP with work processes
LCE will provide you with a customized playbook that identifies all of the processes to be followed in SAP. Using the standardized SAP playbook and training content will decrease the disruption caused by employee turnover.
Following the LCE methodology, our clients can expect the following benefits:
- SAP EAM becomes an effective, strategic tool that delivers the promised benefits of an ERP system
- Implementing best-practice work processes and capturing the data will improve reliability and produce benefits like better utilization of people, fewer failures, and fewer spare parts in MRO inventory.
- Understanding of how various behaviors impact resource utilization and costs (good and bad)
If you are implementing SAP EAM for the first time, using LCE’s methodology will help you reach your implementation goals faster and at a lower cost. Based on our experience helping clients set up systems, you’ll realize these benefits:
- 50% or more reduction in implementation time frame
- 50% or more reduction in implementation costs
Coaching on SAP EAM Process and Technology
LCE offers resources that can help you bridge a SAP EAM and MM skills gap. Coaching focuses on these areas and can be tailored to fit your specific requirements:
- Implementing planning /scheduling best practices: Our SMEs work with plant personnel to adhere to LCE best practices and apply them to SAP, at your site using your data.
- Structuring master data with reliability in mind: Our SMEs work with your maintenance and reliability organization to drive data and reporting improvements to support Reliability Excellence.
- Building PM/PdM routines: Our SMEs work with your planners, engineers, and technicians to build asset care plans in SAP.
- Implementing Materials Management best practices: Our LCE SMEs can work with warehouse and procurement personnel to optimize the MRO supply chain.
- Deriving metrics from SAP: Our SMEs will teach strategies and methods for producing standard reports or designing custom metrics.
Contact us to speak with one of our experts about implementing or optimizing your EAM system.