Shutdown, Turnaround and Outage Management
LCE’s three-week competency improvement program, developed by Joel Levitt and the Life Cycle Institute, will help you improve your Shutdown, Turnaround and Outage (STO) performance by building competency in STO best practices.
Clients who have implemented best practices taught by the Life Cycle Institute have seen these benefits:
- 20% shorter downtime or 20% more work capacity in the same downtime interval
- A 40% decrease in start-up time
- Achieving stable output days sooner
- Less waste and increased yield
- Improved resource utilization
- Uncompromised quality, safety and compliance
- Cost savings on labor, materials and rentals
An Institute subject matter expert (SME) will help your organization implement new processes and behaviors. We will apply our proprietary 3A Learning® process to create sustained behavior change by establishing clear alignment on expectations, delivering active classroom learning experiences, and providing hands-on coaching.
Week 1: In our first week on site we will assess the organization’s current shutdown processes and procedures. The STO SME will guide development of processes and procedures that reflect best practices. Following the assessment we will deliver the two-day Leadership for Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages workshop.
Week 2: The Life Cycle Institute will deliver the three-day Planning for Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages workshop. Individual coaching on STO planning will also occur this week.
Week 3: We will coach your team on applying the tools and techniques learned in the first two weeks. We will guide you on embedding these best practices into the organization’s culture so they will be in place for future shutdowns.
- Assessment of shutdown procedures
- Two-day Shutdown Leadership training workshop
- Three-day Planning for Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages training workshop
- Reassessment of how practices have been applied based on goals established during training