ISO 55000 Training for Leaders
Understanding the ISO 55000 Standards
This one-day, virtual workshop will introduce organization leaders to the ISO 55000 set of standards so that they understand their role and responsibilities and are prepared to lead their organization in deploying a risk-based asset management system.
Organizations seeking optimal life cycle value and maximum return from their physical assets have turned to the principles of risk-based asset management to deliver results. Since its publication, the ISO 55000 set of standards has provided a universal language for leaders to discuss risk-based asset management and how to implement an asset management system that balances cost, performance, and risk, and operates to the benefit of all stakeholders.
Participants in this ISO 55000 for Leaders virtual workshop will learn the core elements and requirements of the standard, and create the foundation and framework for successfully guiding their organization through the implementation of an effective asset management system.
Active and visible leadership is a top contributor to success of an implementation. In this workshop, leaders review the standard clauses of ISO 55000 and discover how to embrace their role as sponsors of the asset management system. The course uses examples and activities to develop the vision and values needed to guide asset management policy and practices. Participants work with fellow leaders to execute the requirements of the standard and support a world class asset management program.
Key Topics Covered
- Learn the principles of risk-based asset management and the benefits of adopting the ISO 55000 standard
- Create a plan for the role and activities that organizational leaders must embrace for deploying the standard
- Review the components of an Asset Management Policy
- Discuss the context of the organization, including goals, values and vision
- Document stakeholders, guiding principles, and decision-making criteria
- Document reporting and continuous improvement requirements
- Draft an Asset Management Policy communications plan
- Review the components of the Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP)
- Define the responsibilities of the individuals who create and maintain the SAMP and the supporting Asset Management Plans (AMPs)
- Discuss what’s required to lead the organizational changes
Who Will Benefit
Leaders from asset-intensive industries and facilities who are considering adopting or want to know more about the ISO 55000 set of standards and its impact on their asset management strategy.