View a Single Point Lesson on Cycle Counting
An example of the useful, action-oriented information you'll learn in this course.
View Doug Wallace's Video: "Cycle Counting for Storerooms"
Materials Management Training
Managing a storeroom is a balancing act. Storeroom managers must have the materials available to keep production flowing while minimizing inventory investment.
In this three-day class, you will learn how to ensure the right parts are in the right place at the right time. When you apply the knowledge and skills learned in this class, quality will increase and costs will decrease. You will be able to manage your storeroom in a way that successfully balances the needs of operations and maintenance while optimizing your inventory and carrying costs.
In This Training, Learn How To
- Discuss the materials management challenges that organizations are facing
- Identify the elements of materials management
- Discuss how Materials Management fits into the overall umbrella of Reliability Excellence
- Discover the characteristics and steps involved in effective materials management processes
- Discuss the basic steps involved in implementing effective Inventory Control best practices
- Summarize the basic steps involved in implementing effective Warehouse Management best practices
- Describe how a CMMS can support materials management processes and best practices
- Identify contributors to total cost of materials
- Practice techniques to manage inventory investment
- Define the standard set of basic materials management key performance indicators
- Develop an (inventory/investment management processes) Action Plan
Who Should Attend Training
Anyone involved in materials – directly or indirectly -- will find value in Materials Management, including:
- Materials Managers
- Maintenance Manager
- Storeroom Personnel
- Operations Managers
What Our Students Are Saying
"Facilitator was knowledgeable, engaging, fair and interesting. I've acquired a lot of knowledge that I will take back with me to improve inventory accuracy. I look forward to applying what was learned to our Memphis warehouse."
- Eugene Fellows, Cargill
"The Life Cycle Institute facility was excellent for training. The staff was a pleasure to work with and the facilitator was one of the best instructors I have studied under. He provided excellent examples, hands-on material and real life feedback. My experience was over the top."
- Gordon Vickous, Facility Supervisor, Berry Plastics
"I was a bit apprehensive about registering for the course but I'm so very glad that I did. The quality and amount of information covered definitely made my trip to Charleston worthwhile!"
- John Nobel, Logistics/Facilities Management, University of Saskatchewan
Each course includes a comprehensive active learning manual, morning and afternoon refreshments, lunch, and the use of a fully equipped e-business center. Class hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm Tuesday through Thursday. All students completing a class at the Life Cycle Institute will receive a certificate of completion awarding CEU’s.
For More Information on Materials Management Training
800-556-9589 | education@LCE.com