Reliability Engineering Certification®
The Reliability Engineering Certification prepares reliability professionals to achieve maximum results in this strategic business role.
This university-backed program is designed for people who are responsible for improving asset and capacity reliability and creating a culture of continuous improvement. This program equips participants to:
- Build and sustain a strategic reliability engineering program
- Prepare control strategies that reduce risk and improve asset utilization
- Determine predictive strategies and build an effective predictive maintenance program
- Establish a root cause analysis program that will lead to reduced downtime, increased production and a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrate practical learning application
- Use the REC title designation beside your name
There are now three ways to earn your Reliability Engineering Certification! Select a format that works best for your schedule and learning style.
To earn a Reliability Engineering Certification, candidates must choose a track, complete four required courses and fulfill a capstone Work Product requirement.
Upon completion of the program, you will earn your Reliability Engineering Certification from Life Cycle Engineering and one of our University partners.
|REC||REC VILT||REC Online|
|Delivery Mode||In Person||Live, Online||Self-Paced, Online Launching August 2021!|
|Coursework||In session||In session. Homework between days.||Complete course modules and assignments at your own pace|
|Instructor||During class||During class||1 hr coaching/month|
|Networking||During class||During class||Quarterly group meetings|
|Timeline||Choose your own class dates from public schedule. Students have 3 years to complete program, but can complete sooner||Choose your own class dates from public schedule. Students have 3 years to complete program, but can complete sooner||9 month commitment|
|Class times||Tuesday-Thursday8:30 am – 5:00 pm(time zone depending on location)||Tuesday-Thursday11:00 am – 5:00 pm EST||Go at your own pace. Students have 2 months to complete each course.|
|Course sequence||Any sequence||Any sequence||Mandatory sequence|
|Can you mix classes with other formats?||Yes||Yes||No|
- Article: What is the Role of the Reliability Engineer?
- Whitepaper: Risk Mitigation and its Role in Creating Value from Physical Assets
- Using an Asset Management Framework to Drive Process Safety Management and Mechanical Integrity
- Whitepaper: Four Ways to Measure the Effectiveness of Your RCA Process